- Liaise and closely coordinate with relevant officials from the municipal water authority and other key actors.
- Design and implement capacity building interventions such as
awareness building programmes, orientations, workshops, mentoring,
- Ensuring that strategies to increase the use of improved sanitation
facilities and improve hygiene behaviors are technically sound, up-todate,
of proven efficiency, and able to be implemented in local settings.
- S/he will ensure development of detailed implementation plans,
collection of appropriate baseline and monitoring data, as needed, clear
process and impact indicators, and effective project monitoring and
evaluation procedures to ensure accountability and make improvements
in community lives
- Development of a strategic plan for effective implementation of project
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the
Government and the donor organizations.
- Contribute to timely preparation and review of programs/projects status
reports required for management, donors, budget review, programs
analysis, annual reports, etc.;
- Support Programme Manager in formulating advocacy and policy making
Qualification & Experience:
View Job Description →
- Preferably post-graduate education (master’s or higher), Additional
Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Sanitation will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in urban sanitation systems
management in small towns;
- Proven experience in working with and for host governments, national
and international NGOs
- Experience working with specifically with Government of Karnataka will
be considered s an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in community mobilization
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity
and willingness to innovate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work
effectively in team situations;
- Entrepreneurial skills and attitude, as well as commitment to work for
clients and in remote areas
- Excellent oral and written English skills required; proficiency in Kannada